Eternal Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DUEL ACADEMY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steamsteam
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt Empty
PostSubject: My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt   My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:11 am

Old version: (40)
Monsters: (15)

Code:
x3 Beast King Barbaros
x3 Chainsaw Insects
x3 Malevolent Mech - Goku
x2 Breaker The Magical Warrior
x1 Fusilier Dragon
x1 Thunder King Rai-oh
x1 Giant Kozaky
x1 A Cat of Ill Omen
Magic: (13)
Code:
x2 Nobleman Of Crossout
x2 Zombie World
x2 Gold Sarcophagus
x1 Nobleman Of Extermination
x1 Brain Control
x1 Heavy Storm
x1 Mystical Space Typhoon
x1 United We Stand
x1 Smashing Ground
x1 Lightning Vortex
Trap: (12)
Code:
x3 Dark Bribe
x2 Scrap Iron Scarecrow
x2 Skill Drain
x1 Magic Cylinder
x1 Torrential Tribute
x1 Call Of The Haunted
x1 Bottomless Traphole
x1 Mirror Force

New version: (40)
Monsters: (15)

Code:
x3 Beast King Barbaros
x3 Fusilier Dragon
x3 Chainsaw Insect
x2 Malevolent Mech - Goku
x2 Breaker The Magical Warrior
x1 Giant Kozaky
x1 Beast Machine King Barbaros
Magic: (16)
Code:
x3 Forbidden Chalice
x2 Double Summon
x2 Gold Sarcophagus
x2 Nobleman Of Crossout
x2 Future Visions
x1 United We Stand
x1 Brain Control
x1 Mystical Space Typhoon
x1 Lightning Vortex
x1 Heavy Storm
Trap: (9)
Code:
x3 Dark Bribe
x2 Skill Drain
x1 Scrap Iron Scarecrow
x1 Bottomless Traphole
x1 Soul Rope
x1 Mirror Force

Changes:
Monsters:

+2 Fusilier Dragon
+1 Beast Machine King Barbaros

-1 Malevolent Mech - Goku
-1 Cat of Ill Omen
-1 Thunder King Rai-oh
Magic
+3 Forbidden Chalice
+2 Double Summon
+2 Future Visions (after talking with USS)

-2 Zombie World (after talking with USS)
-1 Nobleman Of Extermination
-1 Smashing Ground
Traps:
+1 Soul Rope

-1 Magic Cylinder
-1 Torrential Tribute
-1 Call Of The Haunted
-1 Scrap Iron Scarecrow

Reasons:
After reading the post that Ultimate Six Samurai made I thought of the main points in my deck. Barbaros. Skill drain. What can I do to improve these cards? I added more Fusilier dragons because of the forbidden Chalice I added. Using the Chalice I make Barbaros 3400 attack for 1 turn and NEGATE his effect THEREBY returning his damage to original from then on. Making that card a staple for this deck. Who else can benifit most from that card? My Fusiliers. With both these cards filling up my deck I am then able to add a Machine King Barbaros since everybody loves a special summon. Making him really easy to get out with an insane attack damage. His negitive ability is also negated by Forbidden Chalice and skill drain.

Why did I remove so many traps? I dont fear being attacked most of the time. When everything goes right then the enemy wont be able to attack. So why use to Scrap Iron? Magic Cylinder is again, a card that req. me to be attacked. I do not mind the enemy blowing up all their cards trying to take out my defence. Torrential Tribute was always my least played card. Removing my monsters as well has a negitive impact on my deck. Call of the Haunted makes my monster that I special summon way to vulnerable. But its definitly in the side deck and one of my hardest cards to remove.

More magic? To be honest, I have wanted to add Double Summon for a very long time but was lazy. I think that card speaks for its self. Not a single card in my deck req. to be tributed allowing me to get out all the pretty little beasts I desire. Why not ultimate offerings? That card req. LP as cost and I believe my opponent can also use this card. 1 less Zombie world is a small price to pay for a FREE Skill Drain also known as FUTURE VISIONS. A card I was unaware of untill recently. Having my Mech/Barbaros/Fusilier summoned this way reverts their effects allowing me to controll them at their peek! Forcing my opponent to summon slower then normal also helps a lot.

Why only 1 Giant Kozaky? I chose to use Goku insted of Kozaky because of his combination with Zombie World/Future Visions/Forbidden Chalice. Its a real shame Kozaky isnt more versitile. I did use Kozaky more when I ran Spell Pain and Barrel Behind The Door.

Some cards I chose to not include in my deck but I am aware of:

A Hero Emerges
Currently debating on weather to add a few of these cards to my deck.

Monster Gate

Chances are, I will never have a monster I want to tribute. (brain control maybe)

Reasoning
If this made me lose a Skill Drain I would cry

Pole Position
Now I have to waste my Dark Bribe protecting this card? Meanwhile it can easily be turned agenst me if my enemy summons a monster stronger then mine!
Burden of the Mighty
A very good card and no reason to not include it in my deck other then the 40 card rule. Didnt make the cut...

Majestic Mech - Ohka & Mist Archfiend
The reason I chose Goku over his younger brother and his buddy the Archfiend is because of Zombie world. Allowing me to keep Goku with out Skill Drain and not having to worry about protecting Zombie World since Goku would not be destroyed even after Zombie World is.
Ultimate Offering
It was a serious though in my deck but losing LP is a big thing. Being able to normal summon during my opponents turn is tempting and a posible future card. Perhaps lose 1 double summon?

D.D.R - Different Dimension
I would have used this in conjunction with Future Visions or special summoning my Machine King Barbaros

Damage Condenser
If I am taking enough damage to be able to special summon ANY monster in my deck other then Breaker. I am doing something wrong. And breaker is the last card I would want to special summon.

Royal Oppression
Currently thinking of adding this card and ultimate offering in place of both my Double Summons

A Combination I am currently looking into (another free skill drain):

Shadow Imprisoning Mirror OR Light Imprisoning Mirror
+
DNA Transplant

Last edited by Steamsteam on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

PostSubject: Re: My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt   My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:51 am

This looks pretty good. I guess now I feel like posting my Skill Drain deck. My only suggestion is lose Zombie World altogether and add in another Future Visions.
Back to top Go down
Steamsteam
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

PostSubject: Re: My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt   My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:54 am

Yes but Zombie World restricts tribute summons. Something I do not do but is often played agenst me. Which is the main reason I had 2 before.

I think you should add your SD deck. Would like to know what I did differently...

Last edited by Steamsteam on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

PostSubject: Re: My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt   My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:57 am

You shouldn't play according to your opponent's deck, though. If anything, I'd side-deck it. Future Visions is much more helpful towards the power of YOUR deck.

You read my deck advice, so I'll refer you to my analogy of the tank. Make your tank stronger. That way, you won't have to worry about what kind of wall your opponent builds. You'll be able to run over it no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Steamsteam
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

PostSubject: Re: My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt   My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:02 am

However, its a scary thing having your enemy with an army and not having anything. Then being able to only summon 1 monster AND have him RFG for your enemys entire next turn? Thats the main reason I have Zombie World.

Thats a good point and I keep thinking ``almost all decks would have several level 5+ monsters that req. a tribute. Not only that but allowing me to keep my Gokus regardless of his effect.`` But I supose Future Visions also reduces the enemy because not almost all but ALL decks req. the enemy to normal summon. Reducing this would help me just as much as keeping tributes out and being able to freely summon my Goku. Future Vision helps not only with Goku but with Fusilier and Barbaros.

In shot, I supose your right. Future would benifit me more then Zombie World. Perhaps insted of another Future Vision I should run a teraform? Limit the number of cards in my deck to 39;p

Last edited by Steamsteam on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

PostSubject: Re: My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt   My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:03 am

lol 2 Future visions and Terraforming is what I run in my skill drain deck. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt   My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My main deck. New and old versions rebuilt
Page 1 of 1