Eternal Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DUEL ACADEMY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Tournaments and DP usage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

Tournaments and DP usage Empty
PostSubject: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 pm

My first suggestion is that the Tournament section should allow for other posters with a certain amount of DP to start a tournament. They wouldn't have to pay or anything to start it, they'd just have to HAVE a certain amount of DP. Like, maybe 1000?

Then, other players should be allowed to sign up by PAYING with DP. Like, a tournament entry can be 30 DP or so. Everyone pays 30 DP. Depending on how many people join the tournament, the top players can split up the DP with a certain amount for 1st place and a smaller amount for 2nd and a smaller for 3rd, and so on if there were enough players.

These would be my personal suggestions for Tournament rules.

----------------------------------

0. All Tournaments MUST be pre-approved by a Mod or Admin through a Tournament Hosting Form before being able to be promoted. (I'll post an example of what a form might look like at the bottom)

1. To host a Tournament, you must have at least 1000 Duel Points.

2. You must earn another 1000 points before being able to host a new Tournament. EXAMPLE: If I host a tournament when I have 1023 points, the next time I can host a tournament is when I have 2023 points.

3. There must be a new Hamachi account with no previous members used for the Tournament. The Hamachi account and Password must be posted on the original post promoting the Tournament. EXAMPLE: I want to start a tournament, so I make a Hamachi Network called Wars of the Six, with the password sixsamurai. I must post that information when I announce the tournament.

4. All tournaments must be announced AT LEAST 2 weeks in advanced, posted with a time and date.

5. All tournaments must have at least 8 members before being able to begin.

6. There must be prizes for at least 1st place. For every 8 more players to join, there would be a new prize for the lower rankers, maxing out at 5th place. EXAMPLE: When a tournament starts between 8 and 15 players, 1st place will get a prize. Once it hits 16 players, 2nd place gets a prize. When it hits 24 players, 3rd place gets a prize. When it hits 32 players, 4th place gets a prize. And when it gets 40, 5th place will get a prize. No more prizes MUST be given out, but can be, at the discretion of the host, such as Deck builds or personalized artwork for signatures.

7. All prizes must consist of at least some Duelist Points over 30. EXAMPLE: In my Tournament, I announce that there will be an 8 player limit of players and 1st place will get all of the DP, 240. I can choose to add the build to my D.D. Deck as a prize for 1st place, but I MUST give out at least some points.

8. All prizes MUST be greater for higher placing players than lowers. So, 2nd place must not get a better price than 1st place.

9. All Tournaments must require joining the Hamachi at LEAST 2 days before the tournament starts. EXAMPLE: Player A is hosting a Tournament that will start in 3 days. This is the last day to register. The days before will be used to determine DP point prizes and dueling line-ups.

Those would be my rules. This way, no one gets any NEW Duelist Points that weren't already earned by someone else. AND they are WILLINGLY giving them up.

TOURNAMENT HOSTING FORM:

Host Name: ******
Tournament Name: ******
Tournament Hamachi: ******
Tournament Hamachi Password: ******

Number of players wanted: ******

Tournament Prizes(non-DP prizes because DP can change according to number of players):
1st: ******
2nd: ******
3rd: ******
4th: ******
5th: ******

Personal Tournament Rules(decks not allowed, side-decking rules, Tradition or Advanced Format, etc):
******************************************************************************************************************

Back to top Go down
Zeto-The Genesis
Zeto-The Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:40 pm

neat
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

PostSubject: Re: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Neat? LMAO Say more about what you think next time you post so that I can get some sort of idea of what I am doing "wrong" or "right." lol
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:39 am

Seems like a good idea.

Btw at rule #2 u mean they would need 1000 more dp than they had when they started the tournament not when the tournament ended right?
Btw rule 2 seems good as it would make people host tournaments just so that the extra points they get after 1000 do not get wasted.
Now about rule #6 im thinking that perhaps number of prizes should not be so strict.
e.g In a 16 players match with 60 dp per participant it could go like 1st:480 2nd: 320 3rd:160
Or you could even have 3 prizes on a 8 player tournament if u decided to give less dp on the first player and a deck recipe or go like first 1 get all the dp and first 3 get my d.d deck recipe.

Anyway i'll leave it here for a few days to hear some more feedback and then move it to tournament room.
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

PostSubject: Re: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:58 am

I actually agree with you. I was thinking that maybe the prizes might be more open, and that the entrance fee might be as well. So like, if it's going to be a Tournament where the request is ONLY Obelisk players, then they might want to have a higher price because it's a Top-Ranking tournament only. Kind of like local tournaments might be 5-6 dollars but Shonen Jump is 20.

But they still need to be approved. Because you don't want to have people charging insane amounts of DP just because they want to win all of it. But since DP is the charge, the top prize should at LEAST give you as much DP back as you paid to get in. Or else you're dueling to have your DP decreased, and no one will want that.
Back to top Go down
Theo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:06 am

Btw the number of players in the hosting form u provided would be the min, max or exact number of players he wants?

Also what u suggest should happen if the tournament didnt get after the 2 weeks the number of players the host wanted?
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

PostSubject: Re: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:38 am

The number of players desired/required would be the number provided. Maybe the Host wants specifically an 8 player tournament because he's not on for too long. Or maybe he wants a minimum of 16 because he wants the tournament to be longer. Or maybe a max of 16 becuase he doesn't want it to be TOO long but wants more DP points than just 8 players. It's up to the Host to decided if it's a minimum, maximum, or exact.

I suggested the 2 week advanced notice because of the problem of recruiting for the tournament. But that's a minimum. Maybe a 3 or 4 week notice if the Host wants more players. If the number of players isn't reached, the Host can either decide to make minor edits to the Tournament accordingly (like if there were only 14 players who signed up for a 16 player tournament, the DP distribution might change), as long as an Admin approves of the new changes(so that Hosts can't make changes that would drastically alter the original Tournament). OR the Host can push the Tournament back a few more weeks.

But pushing a tournament back would have to be decided well BEFORE the 2-day period. Because registration closes 2-days before anyways, and so people prepare for the tournament. So maybe 5 days before the Tournament should be the last day to push a Tournament back a few weeks, so that all players can be notified in time.
Back to top Go down
Zeto-The Genesis
Zeto-The Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:57 am

Ok i dont have much tiime to say much but what i will say that this is a great installment to the academy and it does add another important use of dp and will probably earge ppl to stock up on them so they can enter. Then again since we are on the topic of tournaments I think all members or at least ra and obelisk duelists should all be eligible to at least host their own "free" tournaments so to speak jus to give duelists a chance to test their skills competitively againts other members. There wouldn't neccessarily be any cost to anyone in these kind of "tournaments" besides maybe their reputation in the academy. Also if u want, u can consider using tournaments as a kind of means to move up in rank or drop in rank depending on how u do. Instead of waiting to gain enough dp for a retest u can hold these "rank" duels maybe like twice a year to give some ppl a chance but if not for the whole ranking scenario, u can get a ladder going that shows the highest to the lowest ranking of all duelists in the academy.... wow thats a mouthful. :-)

Samurai great suggestion tho im lookin forward to this.
Very Happy What a Face Laughing
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

PostSubject: Re: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:16 am

The problem with that is that it's too open. New-comers should not be allowed to hold Tournaments just on the basis that they are new-comers. Earning DP is a way of them proving they are no longer new-comers. That's why there should be that necessity. Ranking is through testing, just like to pass on to the next year of school you need to have a certain grade. It can't just be random that you skip people like that. They have to EARN the right to say they think they're better than they used to be. That's why testing/testers exist. After someone has proven that they've dueled enough to have gotten better and learned new things (600 DP earned), then we'll accept re-testing them.
Back to top Go down
Zeto-The Genesis
Zeto-The Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:25 pm

well yea all that is tru stillz. i was only suggesting and alternative to testin thats y i said only twice a year. and on the tournament hostin issue u can regulate that based on the amount of posts someone makes to u kno. posts can be jus as imporatant (but not important than) DP.
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

PostSubject: Re: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:54 am

But people can spam post. Like, I will only post every now and then. Right now I'm one of the top posters. But the problem with that is that I probably won't be in a few days. I just had a few spurts of ideas. If someone posts a lot but isn't really contributing, like let's say they make stupid suggestions, they'll still get bumped up, but that doesn't mean they're good enough or worthy of holding tournaments.

I say we leave it with DP points, because that's the system that this website runs off of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournaments and DP usage   Tournaments and DP usage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tournaments and DP usage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Duel Academy :: IMPORTANT SUBJECTS :: Suggestions-
Jump to: