Eternal Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DUEL ACADEMY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

DP for Posts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeto-The Genesis
Zeto-The Genesis

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:06 am

I think it'd be great if members get rewarded dp for every one hundred posts they make in the forum. Jus another way to help members accumulate this precious currency.
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:56 am

Nah. People will spam or just abuse of it by going and posting random things. Like, if that were the case, I could go around replying to ever post on here and sound like I'm being productive, but it might not help at all. I could just go to a deck and say, "looks good," or make some stupid suggestion that I know no one would ever take seriously, just for DP.
Back to top Go down
Zeto-The Genesis
Zeto-The Genesis

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:06 am

the spammers can be dealt with no prob
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:17 am

But what about people who are attempting to look like they are participating. I could go to every new member and welcome them, and even have a conversation with one person over and over and over again. That might make me a top poster. That doesn't mean I deserve points.
Back to top Go down
Pharmacist
Admin
Pharmacist

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:33 am

this is a good idea but like six said, their be a big number of spammers and will take time for them to be dealt with
Back to top Go down
Zeto-The Genesis
Zeto-The Genesis

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:59 am

tru still but we can outlaw spamming and make it so tht if u post unneccessary stuff most of the time u definatley wont get squat
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:02 am

Spamming is outlawed. But Admins would have to keep such close attention to everyone's post that it'd be impossible to know who is posting unnecessarily and who is being serious.
Back to top Go down
Zeto-The Genesis
Zeto-The Genesis

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:24 am

thats y u have moderators like me that is my job u kno to report spammers and ban ppl if they show infidelity
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:16 am

You're not getting me. Someone can post a lot of questions becuase they SUCK at dueling. Or, someone can post a lot of suggestions and NOT be serious. For instance, I could suggest going to different schools and challenging them. I could go to people's dorms and have conversations with them in their rooms. If I talk to 3 people, and post 5 responses to each, my number of posts just went to 15, and I could have been talking about something stupid, like how much we like Mexican food. That doesn't mean it's of any value, nor does it mean that it deserves any points. It might not look like spammers, and they might not ACTUALLY be spamming. But it'd still be a lot of posts and a lot of DP given out for nothing of cotnribution.

If we start to give points for posting, we'd be encouraging posting something stupid in order to raise your points. We'd be encouraging making stupid recommendations in order to look like you're participating even if you know they are stupid recommendations. If we have people post their decks online, and we have 1 person go to all of them and give his opinion, even if they are all, "I really like this deck. I like this combo..." or "I don't like this deck. I don't think this would work," that's not really DP-worthy. And if the duelist sucks and is just giving his opinion, he'd get free points for not giving anything back except the few minutes it took him typing.
Back to top Go down
Zeto-The Genesis
Zeto-The Genesis

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:47 am

However despite all that, it still encourages activity on the site. Most of the members are inactive and it kinda does make EDA feel empty and dull. Even if it is crap, we are still talkin and making friends like we should.
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:25 am

Most members of most sites are inactive. That's how it always is. People make accounts to things all the time and just never go back, because they make accounts to a lot of things.

Encouraging nonsense posts is NOT a good thing. Encouraging recruitments IS, if you want the site to have more traffic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DP for Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: DP for Posts   DP for Posts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DP for Posts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Duel Academy :: IMPORTANT SUBJECTS :: Suggestions-
Jump to: