Eternal Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DUEL ACADEMY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Hands on learning

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeto-The Genesis
Zeto-The Genesis

Hands on learning Empty
PostSubject: Hands on learning   Hands on learning I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:18 am

Ok. Well considering duelists who arent sure or knowledgeable of the various combos and strats in their decks they can request a lil teaching session from one of the senior duelists where they would demonstrate how to react to different situations and show good plays, bad plays, risky plays and pointless plays etc. This way we help out the duelist to become stronger while at the same time actually working on the weaker links in the academy.
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

Hands on learning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hands on learning   Hands on learning I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:42 am

Actually, this sounds great. But I think the Tester's office is open for that. But, for the most part, reactions and stuff are deck-specific. And most of the time, they are really situation. So, it'd be hard to tell someone what to do without knowing, 1. their whole deck, 2. their deck goal, 3. specific situations they'd fall into, and 4. problems their decks are having. But, to know that, you'd have to have dueled plenty of times already. Because you can't teach a person how to duel well with a bad deck. That's like teaching a sniper how to aim his rifle with a gun that doesn't aim correctly.
Back to top Go down
Zeto-The Genesis
Zeto-The Genesis

Hands on learning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hands on learning   Hands on learning I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:25 am

Well i never said tht u'd be teaching how to duel. I said u'd be teachin them strats in their deck. for example the 'student' would always show u their hand then u'd ask em to make their play, then u comment on it, if it was risky, or bad u can show em any other available plays and explan it. And then maybe a little follow up to the move..

U understand wat im tryna say here?
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

Hands on learning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hands on learning   Hands on learning I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:38 am

I do understand. But the problem is that a good duel, and teaching properly, requires a good deck.

If teaching is to be viable online, it has to happen like this:

1. The teacher makes a Learning Deck, for his/her students to use. Kind of like a starter deck. It shouldn't be something TOO advanced or specific, like a Lightsworn, but it should cover all aspects, so it should have the staples, tuners, synchros, a couple of equips, etc. There should be a Teaching Deck also built that can cover everything, but is different to the Learning deck. Neither deck should be too complicated or difficult to use, with convoluted plays and such. They should be simple and straight-forward.

2. The teacher and the student must play a full match, the student having his hand revealed at all times, so that the teacher knows what can or cannot be done, and what decisions the student is making. During this duel, the teacher would NOT make any suggestions. He/she would just take notes to know what is done wrong and what is done right.

3. They would then play another match where the student still has his hand open, but the teacher actually helps this time, by making comments AFTER the student takes a turn. Like, what could have been done different, or better, or whatever. But only AFTER the student has made decisions.

4. One final match, student with the hand revealed, where the teacher can assess whether the student has learned playing or not.

5. Obviously, the matches shouldn't all be one right after the other. That'd take way too long and it would be hard to say that the student was able to absorb the information and advice.

Remember, on average, this would teach more about how to use a specific deck, rather than actually play. BUT, if this WERE to happen, all it could teach would be simple things like, when to summon, taking risks during duels, rules of playing, such as using quick-play spells, and really simple stuff.

But, I guess, if you want to set up a class room, that would be left to the discretion of individual duelists. And I'd say you'd have to be Obelisk and up to teach.
Back to top Go down
Zeto-The Genesis
Zeto-The Genesis

Hands on learning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hands on learning   Hands on learning I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:23 pm

u still not understanding me. I said that if someone has a deck say X-Saber. And they wanna kno some more combos then a teacher can show them that in different situations through the duel
Back to top Go down
UltimateSixSamurai
Admin/Tester
UltimateSixSamurai

Hands on learning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hands on learning   Hands on learning I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:44 pm

All combos are online. If anything, you would just link people to the "Tips" pages on the Yugioh Wikia site. Teaching can only consist of how to duel. Because if it's just combos you want, then I can tell you the combos in your deck without ever playing you, just from knowing your cards.

I could say, "If you have Summoner Monk in your hand, you can summon him, and use his effect, summoning Rescue Cat, and then use her effect to summon X-Saber Airbellums and then synchro with Summoner Monk."

I don't have to duel to know combos. And that's pointless because this is a dueling site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hands on learning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hands on learning   Hands on learning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hands on learning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Duel Academy :: IMPORTANT SUBJECTS :: Suggestions-
Jump to: